Gsxr850 Frankenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsxr850 Frankenstein

Well I Made my first post no so succesfully a while back, trying to figure out what i had. After literally 13 years of storing a bike i bought when i was 15 for 50$, i decided to do something with it. An thus began my Journey down this wonderful wormhole. So Now i bring to you the start of my project/s. Ill be doing a mono shock conversion and front end transplant. Shock and front end are coming off of a 07 gsxr1000. Doin what they say cant be done (referring to the shock), is my main goal. Lot o fabrication. Newhosit, without further adue.
    Attached Files

Cool project. Sometimes it's the fun of doing it, especially when it can't be done.

ive got something similar going on.

Comment

If I were cutting and welding a GS850 frame, I'd look seriously at fitting a Honda NTV650 single-sided swing-arm. According to something I came across recently, and has disappeared from easy searching (a link from a link, etc, etc) it's not too far off being easy, the only fly in the ointment for me is the monoshocking of the frame, but if you're doing that anyway...
      The NTV650 shaft is on the same side and turns the same direction as the GS.
      Here's a taster..
      ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Frame looks real nice. Going to be fun keeping that clean!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Wooow is all I can say as far as the Honda mono goes. That's absolutely gorgeous. I'm definitely interested in that idea. My plans as of now it to notch the shafts plate enough and box everything back in. And fishmouth it using a bolt through the shock. No pivot, just as far back to the tire i can get it. Also I'll be reinforcing the shafts and other arm, so the side load won't snap the arm. Or do yall think it would be strong enough without? As far as the color goes! Hahaha yeah I started playing with colors and I though I liked the idea of an arctic white frame. Yeah.... that's probably not happening. Although I do hydrographics for a living and will probably just dip the frame.

Comment

Looking forward to this build. I've only seen one other 850 done this way.
            80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Sooooo I've made some progress today. Starting to mock up where the spring will be. With the rake changing I'm glad I'll be putting the 1000 front end on.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X