Free 79 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free 79 850

Picked up an 850 the day after Christmas '14.

PART_1418769567836_20140602_172017_2[1].jpg

Terrible bars, put some superbikes on from Z1.

Would not run correctly, but turned over well and fired(just not idling).

Pulled the carbs and tank, then everything around here FROZE. Including my carb dip and garage.

Got nice enough yesterday to finally drop the carb bodies, bowls, and rack in the dip.

Bars installed.

IMG_20150117_095948_647[1].jpg

Comment

a good start

But, we need big pictures!!!!
      Photobucket up for your project

I have some 850 parts (and 2 bikes under a tarp) laying around, post up if you need something

and, from your other post, 115 mains, raise the needle up a notch and that should be a good starting point to tune. Don't forget a good baffle or Steve will stop by with a big cork
      Last edited by Big T; 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM.
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

bigger pics....

Comment

No more pictures yet, but after the carb dip and rebuild, I threw a gallon of gas in her and she fired right up.

Tach doesn't work yet, has a broken exhaust bolt, and will need the valves adjusted. And tires. Need tires BADLY. The jack wagon I got it from must have pulled it up against a curb to do his burnouts.

Grips, oil change, valve adjust, fresh plugs, and tires, and he/she will be ready.

I always name my bikes. Always go to female names for some reason, but depending on the personality, the 850 may get a more masculine name.

Comment

Big T, I need the correct front end for it. It has later model L forks. I also need one of the side covers.

Gatekeeper, thanks for the help on the bigger pics... I'm going to do the photobucket thing one of these days.

Comment

You can always send me the old bars if you don't like them..

No really, want to sell them?

Comment

They are already on a CB750 down the road from me. They were spoken for before I even got the bike home. I knew a friend of mine wanted them.

Comment

Ah. What's that bar shape/style called?

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

A few pics so far.

(hope this works)

Comment

That's the link to the whole account so far.To do individual pic you need to hit the IMG box and when it does a yellow copied in the box paste it here.

One of your pics chosen at random.

Comment

I would say he didn't want to post 33 pictures, so what he did is OK as well...

or he could have done the slide show thingy as well....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

But I want to see Betty and Sheri,,,,,,,but the folders are empty.....LOL

Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                          I would say he didn't want to post 33 pictures, so what he did is OK as well...

or he could have done the slide show thingy as well....

But I want to see Betty and Sheri,,,,,,,but the folders are empty.....LOL

I'm working on it. Most of my pictures are on my phone and I'm due for an upgrade...it won't keep a charge.

More tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X