BeardedCustoms GS1100 Bobber Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BeardedCustoms GS1100 Bobber Build

This is the GS1100 my buddy and I are in the process of building. Nothing radical for this bike, simple hardtail, lower her a bit, change out the bars, throw on a sportster tank, simplify the wiring, liscense plate bracket, some simple paint, and call it day. We rescued it from the owner who attempted to do who knows what with it. This was their attempt a a bobber. Tire is so far burned out that I am sure someone had a good smoke show before they let it sit.
    Attached Files

Front forks taken off
    Attached Files

Comment

Engine out and up in the frame jig ready for the knife I need to get some pics taken tonight of the back half being cut off behind the craddle. More to come over the next few days.
      Attached Files

Comment

Based on the start point youve inherited, anything from that point on is an upgrade!!!!
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Wow... What the hell did they do to that poor thing?!? Not even a Honda deserves THAT much torture... Good luck, looking forward to seeing it's resurrection...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Well we had some unexpected set backs but finally getting back onto this project. We got the back section cut off behind the craddle. Intially we were going to eliminate the swing arm and replace with full DOM tubing rails up to axle plates but for time sake we decided to just keep the swing arm and incorporate it into the build. Here is where we stand as of now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the additional post on adding photos, forgot about using a website to get links to add multiple photos to one post. So here are these rest I planned on showing up to where we are now

Comment

Working...
                X