Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project "Love Tractor"

Hey guys,
    I am working on my 1980 GS850 and I thought I'd make a thread for it in the appropriate category.
    ***I did not name it love tractor myself, but it was painted on the tank, so I'll keep that piece of history with it. Who knows, maybe one day I will meet the owner who did that and find out what it's all about***
    I picked it up as a "street tracker" but there are many many maintenance items to be taken care of as well as the visual aspect of the bike. It will end up as a cafe racer.
    Here's a picture of when I got it

And here's one of how it looks now. I removed the gauges (putting 2.5" ones), lowered the headlight, and cleaned up the wiring a bit. I also lowered the whole bike around 3/4"?. That's about all I can do unless I do clip on bars. Lots and lots of work to do but I have a good idea of what I want it to look like. More to follow
    Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2015, 04:26 PM.

New air filter and re sealing the box. I hate waiting on parts... 16 days to ship. Idk why I chose 3 day shipping then -___-
    20151009_153653.jpg

Comment

Nice looking bike....going to be following your thread. Welcome aboard GS Resources.

Comment

Thank you sir. Glad to be here. So much information to go through, it'll take me a while. For the moment I'm focusing on maintenance and overall health of the motorcycle but also a couple of my own visual touches. Can't ride a pretty non running bike hahaha
        This is what idle hands do to me. Bars were set like that just to get an idea of how high a new set should be
        20151008_194646.jpg

Comment

Still waiting on parts... I want to ride it so bad before it gets too cold haha
          Just got off the phone with the place where I bought stuff from and I was told that it will ship to me by the sixteenth.
          I should've known that but didn't pay much attention to the lead times shown on the checkout page, I thought something went wrong with my 2-3 day delivery

On another note, I marked my tank for indents (I'll need all the luck I can get haha), bought evapo rust, and carb dip, so that will keep me busy until I get some more stuff in.
          I am also looking at putting a filter on the crankcase vent (?) instead of running the hose to the airbox. Would I have any issues from doing that? I'll block the airbox tube of course.

Comment

Final shape of the tank (for right now :P)20151013_172936.jpg

Comment

today is the day I have a few parts coming in
              funny meme too :P http://rebrn.com/re/yrw-you-are-trac...or-del-718526/

Comment

Put brand new air boots after sealing the intake and a petcock rebuild kit thanks to z1 enterprises, the air boots are actually oem suzuki parts, super impressed.
                I rode the bike for the first time in a while and man does she run nice now that all of the maintenance is done.
                The petcock unfortunately still doesn't run unless in prime mode so I guess I'll just have to get a brand new one bc I can't figure it out for the life of me.
                Anyone has any suggestions what I can try to make it work?

Comment

Working...
                X