No announcement yet.

Weasel's 1978 GS750 cafe racer project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new set of Avon AM26 Roadriders have arrived! I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on the parts order list. I also just ordered some replacement gauges, brake pads and caliper rebuild kits.

Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Got the front wheel trued after a morning full of spoke adjustment. Ready for rubber.

Click for video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/halb...F.mp4.html?o=5

Comment

I was planning on using the original side covers but after trying to fit them with the new custom seat pan, I decided not to use them. The plastic seat pan I went with was pretty flimsy so I had to stiffen it up with fiberglass. Between the bottom pan I built to fit the frame, stiffening up the top and trying to figure out how to marry the two, I decided I don't enjoy working with fiberglass LOL.

Comment

My neighbor Andy is a talented auto painter. He's doing the paint work for me. The tank was in pretty good shape so not much body work was needed. He got the underside finished and asked me to stop over and approve the design so he can finish painting it this week. The first pic is a design idea I saw and wanted to go with. The tank will be black with metallic burgundy on the sides. His paint supplier matched the burgundy powder coat perfectly. As I said before, burgundy was the original color of the bike and I wanted to incorporate it in the new look.

Comment

Any updates on the bikes progress? its been a long 8 months waiting.

Comment

Hi, curious where you got the top fork caps? The ones on my ‘78 GS1000 have the air valve and need to replace with a simple bolt style as now im running racetech inside.
              Thanks and nice build so far!

Comment

Working...
              X