Finally a Cooley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fjbj40 View Post
    Hijack.......what is the Cooley fairing made of? FG or plastic?

Thanks
    Originals are plastic. Aftermarket ones are fiberglass. Good aftermarket fiberglass ones have the rolled edges like the originals.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I have found some later Katana ones though they fit on the handle bars fit the look really ok, I keep the original ones for when the bike is posing. (Like this), (Utterly without scruples me, shameless.. On the Suzuki stand at the Birmingham NEC last year ) The originals were/are a disaster for the job they're designed to do.
      Ridicules madly expensive next to useless mirrors that actually only give a kings eye view of your elbow if you look carelessly...

I will post up a picture of the Kat ones when I get back to UK.
      These are the usual ones I used to have...

sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Don't think i have ever seen the rear crash bars on a GS.
        Tatu, did you make them?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          Just needs a painter...
          Having tins painted by a fella here in Austin. So far so good. Will let you know overall outcome when complete. Be happy to share his contact info, Joe...unless Mr. Pearson gets back in the game.

'80 GS1000ST
          '92 ZX-11
          Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

The paint looks great, Frank. Are you doing a complete overhaul?

Comment

Paint looks very nice always a pleasure to see a job done well.
              sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Nice looking bike. Those rearsets seem set back quite a bit. Even more than my Tarozzis. Where are they mounted? Did you fab them up yourself?

Originally posted by tatu View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                  The paint looks great, Frank. Are you doing a complete overhaul?
                  Just things that need sorting. I'll PM you details, as i'm sure Joe wants his thread back.
                  '80 GS1000ST
                  '92 ZX-11
                  Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                    Nice looking bike. Those rearsets seem set back quite a bit. Even more than my Tarozzis. Where are they mounted? Did you fab them up yourself?
                    I'll pm you because I'm also sure Joe'd like his thread back.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X