Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Mods.

Hi,
    I'm a new member and I know it's not a GS model but I am in need of a brake upgrade for my 1976 GT380M. I have been contacted on the GT forum by a member who suggests there is a member on this forum that has upgrades for sale ie bracket and caliper. I have already ordered a EBC VMD3014 disc for the bike and need to get rid of the original caliper for a more modern one.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Kind Regards,
    Glyn.

Hi Glyn and Welcome to the asylum
    This thread might be a good place to start http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...de-on-78-Skunk
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Cheers Brendan,
      A member on the GT forum suggested Salty Monk but I'm not sure how to contact him or whether he would post to the UK.

Comment

Try a PM.
        Don't know if you need a minimum post count for that to work.
        As the day goes on more of the modders will be getting up and will more than likely respond.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Easiest way to contact? As suggested, PM (Private Message).

How to accomplish that? Scroll to the very top of this page. Look in the upper-left corner of your screen, make sure the "Forum" tab is selected. Directly below that, you should see a tab for Private Messages. Click on that, another menu will appear. Click on the "Send New Message" option, another window will open. In the "Recipient Users" area, start typing his user name. After you have typed three letters, you will see a list of all members whose usernames start with sal. Yep, all three of them. Select salty_monk, then continue with the subject line and the rest of your message.

Please note: unless you have set your preferences to save a copy of outgoing PMs, you will not see it in your "Sent" folder, so don't send it twice.

Comment

Hi again, I've been told that the GS and GT calipers are interchangeable on most models so I've decided to upgrade to a single piston rectangular pad GS caliper probably from a GS1000 or 850. Could it be possible for someone to nip out to the garage and take a rough measurement of the distance between the mounting bolt hole centres on their GS model, any model or size will do I just need confirmation on which model calipers will fit.
            Kind Regards,
            Glyn.

Comment

The problem you face by hanging on to your original/ replacement disc is theyre too thick for more modern calipers to go over, the upgrade involves using a thinner disc, usually off a honda cbr 900 which has the same 6 hole pcd , combined with a kawasaki twin piston sliding caliper.
              Last edited by hugo151; 09-01-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X