Emerges blinking, into the light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerges blinking, into the light.

Finally got the 850 out of the workshop and back outside, with its new bits on.
    A quick run around the back roads left me feeling quite happy with the engine, but less happy with the state of the roads. It helps to have set the the air pressure in the shocks, of course. I... umm.. totally overlooked that and every bump and ripple in the road had me chattering my teeth and cursing the state of the tarmac.
    Anyway, took it out later in the darkness to check the new headlamp out, and as I suspected the Cibie headlight is a great match for the LED bulb. The beam pattern is really quite good on dip and penetrating on main. The auxiliary lamps are the same as they were before of course, and chime in to illuminate the nearside ditches and far off road surface.
    Only thing I found was the Pantera fairing sits on the Vetter bracket not quite exactly the same as the Vetter did (no great surprise there) and will need a slight correction to the angle of tilt. As it is, I ran out of headlight adjustment, so I'll have to raise the front mount slightly. No big deal, it was never an off-the-shelf thing anyway.

---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window
Working...
X