No announcement yet.

Funkster's 1981 GS850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do a bit of research on the r/r, the e-sport is not the preferred solution anymore. Search for "series" or sh-775. I wish "they" would edit/update the stator papers, I have seen many, many folks put good money into an e-sport r/r based on that dated info....
    1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Welcome to TheGSR.

THose intake boots may have done you a favor by volunteering like that.
      SOmetimes it is not so obvious that they need to be replaced, they often can be hard and have not so obvious cracks if you are not looking for cracks, and that intake leak causes running problems.
      Good news is that replacements are available (although not cheap). Also dont forget the o-rings.

Oh, for those o-rings and for carb o-rings and for a bolt kit of the intake boots find Cycle O-Rings, a fine GSR member here doing us all a great service.

Bike looked fairly stock, except for that LE sticker, seat cover, the low-short bars, and the holes for fender mudflap.
      Sometime you might evaluate if you like those low-short bars or not.
      Had lots of recommendations for cycle O-Rings and they will be a first stop for me.

I am up in the air on the bars. They look good, but have a pretty aggressive position to them.

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
      do a bit of research on the r/r, the e-sport is not the preferred solution anymore. Search for "series" or sh-775. I wish "they" would edit/update the stator papers, I have seen many, many folks put good money into an e-sport r/r based on that dated info....
      Very good to know. I'll continue to research that part. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X