Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100GL reboot!

Hi All,

I was gifted my Uncle's 1982 GS1100GL back in 2018, but since it wasn't exactly my style, I decided to make a few changes. It's a still a work in progress, but here are some pics for your enjoyment

-Ben

Good job!

Before I even saw the 'after pics,' I was thinking, "ditch the windshield, the sissy bar and the crash bars, change the handlebars."

And the new seat is much nicer.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Changing out the handlebars probably made it more rideable (in addition to being more your style).

You sure cleaned it up well.
      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Good job!

Before I even saw the 'after pics,' I was thinking, "ditch the windshield, the sissy bar and the crash bars, change the handlebars."

And the new seat is much nicer.
        Thanks, Rob! Great minds I took the seat to a local guy who did a fantastic job of utilizing the stock seat pan. You know how stepped that thing is, so I was very pleased with the results.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Changing out the handlebars probably made it more rideable (in addition to being more your style).

You sure cleaned it up well.
        Thank you! As far as performance is concerned, in addition to the bars, I dropped the triples about an inch and a half, put a 1" spacer inside the bottom of the fork legs to tighten up the spring, put 20wt oil in the forks(these two things did wonders for front-end dive), and put sintered pads front and rear. Those things combined with a full tune and re-jet, it's now a pretty sporty and satisfying ride

Comment

Working...
        X