Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror Adjustment Nut

Hey Gang.

Are the adjustment nuts on the mirror stems supposed to spin loose and separate from the mirror stem or are they supposed to spin together as one piece? It looks like they're suppose to be able to spin loose but I don't want to break something and wish I'd asked ahead of time, ya know?

I'd post a picture to illustrate what I'm talking about but I've been following the FAQ directions and I cannot upload any images, despite being well-under the size limitation.

yeah otherwise they won't adjust, you'll be stuck with the position where they end up tight. I'd hit it with some penetrating spray and tap it a bit, and if that didn't work I'd soak it in something to de rust maybe - vinegar or muriatic acid and water.
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Posting (hi quality and/or multiple) photos on the forum is somewhat tricky. You need to have pics hosted on a picture hosting website like flickr or Imgur. You need to copy the BBcode of the image, then paste that into the post. I have written instructions for using imgur. Follow the link in my signature.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Oh it's a simple process - take pic on phone, wait for it to sync to Google photos or email to myself, go to PC and download, log into Imgur, upload it, select it, resize, apply/save, get BBCode URL and paste into the thread It'd be cool if Imgur would import from Google Photos, or Google Photos added a BB code link. I don't think those capabilities exist. Thanks for your instructions BTW Rich.
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I've actually gotten a lot faster with using just my phone most times to post pics.

1.Take pic
          2. Open Imgur app on phone and upload pic
          3. Open safari where I already have a tab open to the Imgur full site.
          4. Hit refresh. "click" on the pic that was just added.
          5. Pinch and scroll around to get the the image size and click it so it's green.
          6. Click the blue COPY button under BBCode.
          7. Go to the Safari tab I already have open to the thread I want to post the pic in.
          8. Add,Reply to thread. "click" where I want the pic in the post, a black bar shows up with the option to paste. select paste.
          9. Post Reply

I don't know what could be simpler
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

OOOOOH, that explains it, now I see why I never learned how to put any pictures on a computer.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Image attempt, once again.

GqmclRg.jpg

HA! I think I got it!

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                yeah otherwise they won't adjust, you'll be stuck with the position where they end up tight. I'd hit it with some penetrating spray and tap it a bit, and if that didn't work I'd soak it in something to de rust maybe - vinegar or muriatic acid and water.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I've got some PB Blaster soaking on it, again, with hope that will help break something loose. I have the mirrors standing upright and the PB is just sitting in there so I'm hoping this works.

I don't have any muriatic acid but plenty of white vinegar. I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it. I'll probably order new vibration cushions as these are pretty rotted out.

Comment

Not quite. I don’t think you got the BBCode. Should look like this:

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Ok, next attempt. Same picture.

Might as well figure this out, I'm going to need this later.

Comment

That was the small square.

This time with the big square.

Comment

Now you’re getting it. As they suggest, any of the “square” size selections crop your image somewhat arbitrarily to make it square. The other sizes don’t crop the original image. I find that most of my pics present well in the Forum at large thumbnail or giant thumbnail size.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                        X