AMA MotoAmerica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMA MotoAmerica

This set-up seems promising, especially running Superbike and Superstock 1000's together. I can think of a number of interesting scenarios and incentives for sponsorship. Next best would be some decent, affordably accessible TV coverage and these guys should be off and running pretty well. Hallelujah!

Last edited by recycled64; 10-03-2014, 07:33 PM. Reason: Forgot link-doh!
    sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
    '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
    '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
    '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
    '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
    '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
    '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
    '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
    '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
    '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

I won't pretend to know the differences between the classes in AMA, FIM, Superbike and SuperStock but i do think it is a good idea having the 1000cc bikes as the feature class as opposed to the 600s.
    It says the Superbike and SuperStock will be run together but scored separately. Would there not be a large speed discrepancy causing for dangerous racing?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

These guys are pretty smart about racing, and given their considerable experience for many years in total, I'm reasonably confident that the spec difference between Superstock and Superbike will allow the SS bikes (depending on the available riders) to compete at mid-pack or better, and by tightening up the qualifying cut-off times will keep things even enough for safety's sake. Tommy Aquino, RIP, was doing quite well in British Superstock, for instance and was gonna be on the British Superbike roster this season for WD-40 Kawasaki, before a motocross training accident did him in. His talent was excellent, but matched, or nearly, by a fair number of current AMA Daytona SportBike and US Superbike riders. This first season under the new regime could be pretty interesting, if not downright exciting.
      sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
      '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
      '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
      '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
      '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
      '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
      '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
      '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
      '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
      '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Working...
      X