Looking for a mechanic in the upstate ny area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a mechanic in the upstate ny area

Need a mechanic in the upstate ny area to change my transmission any suggestions

What bike are you talking about? Honestly, the best person to do this is you but why do you need to change your transmission and what needs to be changed?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Btr View Post
      Need a mechanic in the upstate ny area to change my transmission any suggestions
      I'm a mechanic, but I'm not in your area. Tell us what problem you're having and maybe it is something you can fix yourself and if not at least we can give you an idea what the problem is so you don't get ripped off. We need to know what year and model you have and the problem. It may just be an external problem, such as the shift mechanism or an issue with your clutch.

To do work on the transmission the engine will need to be removed, completely disassembled and the cases split. For this to be done at a shop could run you over a thousand dollars, depending on their shop rate and what their mark up on parts is. You will also need a complete gasket set as most of the old gaskets will rip during disassembly. Is your bike worth that kind of investment?

Depending on the model and the problem, it may be cheaper to change the engine for another known good engine or sell the bike and get another one without issues.
      :cool:GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I was thinking about undercutting my tranny for drag racing but sou ds costly might just let it be thanks guys for the help

Comment

Reach out to Rapidray on here; he can give you some advice
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got his number thanks

Comment

remove from frame and remove lower case only...no complete disassembly needed.

Comment

Working...
              X