No announcement yet.

Those %$#@! crush washers for brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've re-used the washers many times. I always torque them right in the middle of the torque range. Never had a leak. Lucky I guess?
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Does anyone else notice the cat you must have run over and got stuck into your headers? Poor pu$$y...
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by motnick
        I have had luck with heating the washers up with a torch and then quenching them in water. They dont seem to leak after this. Maybe not the right way, but it does seem to work.
        This is right out of an old Triumph shop manual and is callled reanealling (sp). They suggested it for use with head gaskets.

Comment

I have to admit, I've also always re-used mine. And I didn't use a torque wrench.......basically just tightened it to the point where it seems I could feel the crush washer compress. I know, probably just my imagination, but it's always worked......never a leak.
          Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
          "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
          1982 GS1100E
          1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

i got a pack of 10mm copper crush washers from the advance auto here in the HELP section of stuff that has oem repl stuff like door handles and stuff.

also got help several times form those guys at advance and my local NAPA for my cobbled together vehicles. just yesterday the kid at the counter didn't have a condenser listed for my GS but went and got one for a VW (his suggestion) to troubleshoot and it did the trick. i found that the guys in who drive primered hot rods and bugs tend to be more help so all may not be lost,, just misplaced!

Comment

Washer recyle

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
              I've re-used the washers many times. I always torque them right in the middle of the torque range. Never had a leak. Lucky I guess?
              Same here, but I keep new ones on hand just in case.

Comment

Working...
              X