GS1000G Brake Light won't light up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G Brake Light won't light up

So it was working until recently and then since I took the master cylinder apart (I replaced the hand grip switch when I reassembled it) niether rear brake nor front brake engages the stop light. Could it be a simple thing like a fuse?

It could be a fuse or something as simple as your adjusters. Both brake light switches come with adjusters, the rear being a screw type thing that has a plastic "bolt" in the frame, and the front sits on a little circuit board that moves back and forth.

If It worked before the rebuild, than its probably something you did. Double check your work. Perhaps you pulled a connector loose? Trace the path of the wires to ensure electrical continuity.

If everything checks out, replace the tail lamp.

Comment

Ah HA

Thank you I will look into it.

Comment

The running light will still work on the tail even if you've blown the brake light filament. Since it's a dual filament bulb, and doesn't work on either switch, I'd just the bulb first, then the contacts of the bulb holder, then the wires.

Comment

Lights

Ahh thank you. I figured out my problem. The two wires in front brake lever were making contact and forcing the break light to remain on.

Comment

Good job. Those front ones can be pesky, especially with that little copper/plastic post that moves back and forth.

Comment

Working...
            X