Gaskets for bolts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaskets for bolts.

I just found an easy way to make gaskets for my petcock bolts. The ones that came out were trashed and I thought I might use small o-rings. This would have worked for a while but making little round washers out of gasket material seemed the best bet. I startet cutting up some new material then I thought why not just take an old gasket with the round holes already in it and I would only have to cut the outside edge.

Worked like a charm! Plus the old gasket material is already thin and works nicer between the bolt and the petcock.

At some craft stores you can buy leather punches that work great for this also.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I also never have to buy rubber washers for anything. I have access to lots of 1/8" thick rubber soundproofing material, so I just use my hollow punch kit and make my own washers to fit.

Comment

Working...
      X