Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

screw and cylinder head retainers removal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screw and cylinder head retainers removal??

Hi all.

I am looking for some advice as I am starting to work on restoring my GS425.

I have managed to get the crankcase appart and the inside out of it but am struggling on a few other bits on the inside.

The first question I have is whats the best way to remove posidrive srewhead bolts that are held in place using threadlock?. I have tried using an impact driver (manual hammer type). but that seems to strip the screw heads (think I'm using the wrong screw bit for it).
    The second is the similar to the previous one and that would be the best way to remove studds held in with threadlock and the 8 posts that hold the cylinder head in place?.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get the rest of the parts out so I can get the crankcases cleaned and refurbished.

Happy motorcycling

You don't need to remove the cyl studs, if you have to remove them double up the nuts and turn them out The case cover screws can be a Bit%h some times. If the impact driver will not get them out You can try cutting a slot for flat blade screwdriver or drill the heads off of the screws

Comment

thanks.

I been trying the doubled up nuts and also tried aplying heat, nuts just slip round no matter how tight i got them. Reason I want them out is I want to refurbish the engine casing and one of the cylnder studs is bent, also the 4 middle ones are rusty looking.

the screwbolts i mean are inside the casings, I might try an see if I can get a new impact driver one that has posidrive bits with it instead of phillips ones.

Comment

Working...
      X