Keeping that ride clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping that ride clean!

What kind of tips and tricks are out there for keeping your ride clean and looking good? What kinds of products do you like to use to help you keep it that way? Although this may seem a simple task to some, others could benefit from someone elses secrets. Let's hear from all of you!

I use WD40 to clean just about everything on the bike except the tires, body, seat and gauges. I have a tube of scratch remover that I use on the body, nothing on the tires and gauges. I use mothers polish on my rims shiny spots.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I clean everything on my bikes with Honda's spray polish - the stuff is incredible!! 8)

Comment

I wash my rims with Dish Soap (that yellow brand... can't remember) I wipe over it with a rag full of the stuff, wipe it dry, and then use a fine steel wool. I also clean my rims in forths... clean one quarter, and then clean the next, etc.

Also... they're much easier to clean when they arn't on the bike... however... don't take them off just to clean them.

And. If you've got an area on your bike that has a lot of grease, instead of wiping it off with a rag, getting a little on it, and thus having to retire it from "cleaner rag" status, take a small peice of steel wool and get it off that way.

Comment

I found "Suzuki" brand cleaner works pretty good.
          When I am finished I put S100 engine brightener on my motor.
          Does a wonder on black engines. 8) 8)
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Silicone for all the rubber parts.
            "2001" for the seat.
            Any decent wax over all paint, metals and plastic.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

S100 bike wash is pretty amazing. Gets off big grease chunks and leaves a nice shine behind.

Mothers mag and aluminum polish for the shiny wheel edges.

STP's version of armor-all for all the plastic and tire sidewalls. Don't get any on the tread! And nothing on the seat either!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwCFAncVSBe6bYXX9pUEqddfGZJD6a5hJFCc05fY7LWeVf4oA F6ucOT2CyVGARRMuVPk2x4EI9Bl!f4!YIwLtZoCZI*BdlcIWpf SQlCaExKdFleCVBKDZA/IMG_1417.JPG[/img]

This is right after a wash. The paint is not real good on this bike, but the S100 makes it shine real nice.....

Comment

Working...
              X