550 Rearsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550 Rearsets

First I put clip-ons on my 1980 GS550E, which made it a much more enjoyable bike. Now I added the Tarozzi rearsets from Disco Volante. It took a rat tail file to get the mounting holes lined up, which could have been a production variance by Suzuki, but the clip-ons and the rearsets together make for a balanced, totally fun bike. It looks a lot better and racier too. The rearsets are about $300 delivered to the USA, which is not unreasonable considering what this stuff usually costs. But worth it. Takes a nice but bland bike to a definite keeper.

what clip ons did you use and do you have any pics. I also have a 550e and these are things I would like to address also. Thanks for the help and the pics.

Comment

What in the WORLD are you guys talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by IGlenn
        What in the WORLD are you guys talking about?
        rearsets = footpegs
        clipons = handlebars

Comment

still.. where did you get them from and you have any pictures?

Comment

Thanks, guys, for the interest. No, I don't have any pictures at hand. Contact Jim at Disco Volante by going to their website and you can go from there. He'll send you a very nicely done catalog that's free with your first order. The Tarozzi rearsets are much nicer than the Raasks, and less expensive too. If you're handy you could also fabricate a set with other spare parts by turning the pegs around, etc. Clip-ons are available from several sources such as Pro-Flo but I can guarantee if they're not offset like the Tarozzis they're going to nail the tank and put dents in it. Some guys go ahead and mash in the tank and then get it repainted. That certanly works.

Comment

Working...
            X