Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Places, Different Hazards, Different Skills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Places, Different Hazards, Different Skills?

So now that it's Iron Butt time (sort of like the Olympics!), I find myself thinking about really long distance riding. Heck, if the current issue of Motorcycle Escape has a sidebar about someone who rode to Hyder to be a witness for Ron Ayers on an old GS 1000 with a Vetter fairing -- it's got me thinking about what my 850 and I can do.

The problem is, the gentleman and the bike in question got press coverage because they hit a moose on the way. (The man survived, the bike got the Steve Austin treatment, the moose went the way of all venison.)

So, there are lots of different hazards all over the continent that I just don't know what to do about. Can we share troubles and deal-skills?

* The Great Plains: you suddenly see the mother of all thunderstorms coming your way. In NJ, I'd just pull over into the local 7-11, Starbucks, or Wawa parking lot. But what if cover is miles away?

* The Great Plains: same as above, but with a funnel cloud.

* PA: Same as above, but with a funnel cake. (Wait, funnel cake I can handle.)

Yes, i can handle funnel cakes as well. Just find me at the NY State fair....

But seriously, what are people doing to help our countrymen who have lost their homes and livelihoods due to the hurricane?

I am at least going to donate some money.

Matt

Comment

Working...
    X