Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breath Guard

Anybody else use one?
    I never used one 'till my Brother turned me on to 'em.
    I can't live without one in cold weather now.
    Mine on a Z1R
    My Brother's on a HJC

Go one step further... a heated sheild! I use my snowmobile helmet with a heated sheild when it's really cold out and I must go for a bike ride. My GPS is set up to use the same connection as the heated sheild, so I just go without that. The snow helmet has a breath defletctor in it as well.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My AGV came with one. Usually if it's cold enough to need it though I use my old Bieffe KB8 that fits looser and wear a thick hood under the helmet. I does a good job of keeping my breath off of the shield.

Comment

The breath guard I'm using is from a snowmobile helmet. (I'm a cheapskate)

Comment

I've got one that came with my Shoei helmet years ago.It's smaller than the ones shown here.
          I leave it in year round.
          basically deflects the exhale from my nose downwards.
          The Shoei also has a vent that runs up onto the shield.
          It also has asetting that just barely cracks the shield open to help keep
          it clear. Probably doesn't work very well in this extreme cold.
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
            The Shoei has a vent that runs up onto the shield.
            It also has asetting that just barely cracks the shield open to help keep it clear. Probably doesn't work very well in this extreme cold.
            Once I'm moving, fogging is no problem for either of My helmets. The bumper to bumper 5 mph commute is. It hard enough to watch all the traffic without being distracted by a foggy sheild.
            The breath guard has helped quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X