Led Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led Bulbs

If any of you have tried led bulbs and were dissapointed with how dim they were, try these. I bought one and they actually work very well.
    They are as bright or brighter than a regular 1157 bulb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1157-...temZ8044154264

I also used them in the turn signals, with a modified flasher.
    Let me know if any of you want the info for the flasher mod.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2006, 04:18 PM.

Well of course we are interested ion the flasher mod. We are interested in any mod. it's some sort of addiction, really...

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Jedi
      Well of course we are interested ion the flasher mod. We are interested in any mod. it's some sort of addiction, really...
      Ok, check this out.
      After you cut the trace on you're new flasher and re assemble it, you'll have to run a ground wire to that third terminal.
      Most have the schematic printed or stamped on the body, so locating the ground should be pretty easy.
      Run the new ground to the frame, or the negitive battery terminal and you're all done.

Comment

I bookmarked their e-bay store, another place I can get a fix for my LED fettish!!

I think I am the current LED king in here, all totaled up I have over 130 led's just on the back of my GS!!!
        I have 7 LED flashlights, 4 are highpower Luxeon's with one a 5 watt 135 lumen Luxeon!

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
          I bookmarked their e-bay store, another place I can get a fix for my LED fettish!!

I think I am the current LED king in here, all totaled up I have over 130 led's just on the back of my GS!!!
          I have 7 LED flashlights, 4 are highpower Luxeon's with one a 5 watt 135 lumen Luxeon!
          Uhhhh, OK.8-[

Comment

the flasher mod only works for electronic flashers, what about thermal flashers? it would be cheaper for me to go to radio shack and buy resistors then buy a $12-$14 electronic flasher.

if i do what size resistors would i need?

-ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy

You are the 'current' king alright, if you have converted totally to LED's on the back end of your GS .

Tony.
              '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                the flasher mod only works for electronic flashers, what about thermal flashers? it would be cheaper for me to go to radio shack and buy resistors then buy a $12-$14 electronic flasher.

if i do what size resistors would i need?

-ryan
                Using resistors defeats the purpose of using led's.
                The electronic flasher also draws less current.

I'm using leds to take the load off the alternator.
                I ride stop and go traffic every day and a gs doesn't charge much at idle (if at all).
                I also went to a 55/100 headlight instead of the stock 35/55. I'm using the power somewhere else now.

Soooo...you'll pay about $50 or $60 for five bulbs, but $14 for the flasher is too much?:-D
                Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

So where would I get the electronic flasher? And on a 750L where does it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt K
                    So where would I get the electronic flasher? And on a 750L where does it go?
                    Your fav-o-rite auto parts store should have one.
                    Next time I'm up there, I'll get a part# to post.

Look under the left side (shifter side) cover.

Comment

so if i buy a electronic flasher what kind should a get? my 78 1000 has a 2 pin flasher will this mod work for a 2 pin electronic flasher? or do i need a 3 pin do you have a model number for the type of flasher that worked for you?

-ryan
                      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                      82 Kat 1000 Project
                      05 CRF450x
                      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer
                        so if i buy a electronic flasher what kind should a get? my 78 1000 has a 2 pin flasher will this mod work for a 2 pin electronic flasher? or do i need a 3 pin do you have a model number for the type of flasher that worked for you?

-ryan
                        Just use this...

No risk of ruining a $14 flasher this way.

Comment

Comment

8trackmind, you da man! I've wanted to use an led replacement 1157 bulb for the same reasons as you (Plus a heated vest) but I didn't like the way the bulbs didn't illuminate from the side. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                            X