Best motorcycle mobile holder for GPS navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best motorcycle mobile holder for GPS navigation

I need a good mobile holder for my bike. This is only for GPS navigation from a Samsung phone. This for UK and Europe riding of 250 mile max hops.

The issue is I can't see the screen clearly ? only that.
    I have tried on top of tank bag which is covered by clear plastic
    and
    a handlebar attachment that is covered by plastic too.

​​​​​​​Anyone with experience of a good method ? as I don't wanna be squinting and one hand off handlebars trying to see .......
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    UKJULES
    ---------------------------------
    Owner of following bikes:
    1980 Suzuki GS550ET
    1977 Yamaha RD 250D
    1982 Kawasaki GPZ 750 R1
    1980 Suzuki GSX 250E

Well......you're not going to like my opinion, but...

The best rides I've had involved getting lost.

And I know, opinions are like underarms. Everybody's got one, and it usually stinks.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I totally totally agree with you ! Absolutely correct and I have done the same. Like you found places I would never have seen.

But there comes a time when a direct route is needed ........ maybe rarely but when needed it so helps to be slick . Is it possible to view a route in the glaring sun as you ride without going in the hedge ....
      ​​​​
      ​​​​​Oh to be lost in the USA on route 66. One day I will bring herbs (my gs550) over and do It.
      AND
      You USA people should come to EU and do same ! on a GS.

I'll a keep half an eye on other bikes setups ..... and carry on with mine ....
      UKJULES
      1980 Suzuki GS550ET
      1977 Yamaha RD 250D
      1982 Kawasaki GPZ 750 R1
      1980 Suzuki GSX 250E

Comment

Issue sorted using current holder or tank bag
        BUT
        making my Samsung phone brighter using 'enhanced colour management'.
        accessibility/ visibility enhancements / colour adjustments

this with my trip to Plymouth 'armchair traveller festival ' now , I would see exactly where I was going .

if course only.needed when needed and getting lost is sometimes good .
        UKJULES
        1980 Suzuki GS550ET
        1977 Yamaha RD 250D
        1982 Kawasaki GPZ 750 R1
        1980 Suzuki GSX 250E

Comment

I've used Ram mounts Xgrip on all the bikes I've had, they have a handlebar mount for motorcycles. Recently I installed a steering stem mount for use on my vfr but yeah. It's been fine for all navigation needs. I don't put anything over my phone as it's waterproof. Screen is bright enough.

Comment

For a mount I used to use Ram but had a camera ruined on my iphone....switched to Quad Lock with a "dampener" system and sure glad I did...all my "touring" bikes now have a Quad Lock....and so many ways to attach them
            No signature

Comment

I use a Quad Lock as it does exactly what's on the tin. The mount I used is a mirror mount that fits nicely on the handlebar brace, I also bought the vibration reducer and the correct case for my phone. It's a bit pricey but it works properly. There are bargains to be had on the internet if you hunt around.

Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Comment

Working...
              X