X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

Whats is this snow stuff?

Comment

I agree with Keith, think you should run the engine once a week. I ride all year round in north east England, but use a !winter hack", my best bikes I keep off the road for the most part because they salt the roads over here and it corrodes bike parts very fast. Anyway, I keep the tanks full, but also coat the alloy parts with WD40 or similar. As the climates damp over here, I also put linen covers over them. I try to make sure I start them once a week, and let the engine warm up by keeping a fast idle (don`t warm up an engine by letting it just idle). This has always worked for me, but if you have to leave the bike for any length of time without firing it up, drain the carb float bowls to avoid problems with varnish gumming up the works. I speak from bitter experience on that one !.
      "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
      1978 GS750
      1979 GS750 chop
      1979 GS550
      2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
      2000 Enfield Bullet 500
      1992 XV750 Virago
      2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Change your oil and filter, run it warm and circulate and then park it after you do all of the other items mentioned. If you do this you will get rid of the acid buildup in you old oil that over time is not good to be left in the crankcase. Sorry you have to park it, but I know about that, I'm a 41 year Alaska Veteran whose brain finally thawed out enough to decide to get out of there. Happy New Year......

Comment

Working...
        X