rs mikuni's throttle/spring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rs mikuni's throttle/spring...

My throbbing hand needs help! I was on sudco's websight and they mentioned that the RS flatslides were spring tension adjustable to lighten throttle. Mine is intolerable after a short ride.I've had strong ones before, but this is terrible! Did a search here and someone mentioned the spring (pin) holes? to lighten...anyone done this that can instruct doing this?Any special tools to do? Help much appreciated. Thanx,A.J.#-o

Look on the linkage between the carb 3 and 4 and you'll see a spring that slips over a pin. If you look at the assembly close enough you'll see other pins on the #3 side of the linkage that you can slip the end of the spring over to lighten the throttle.

Comment

Thanx Billy!

Do I need a special spring tool?Best way to reposition to new pin/hole? A.J.

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit 1150e View Post
        Do I need a special spring tool?Best way to reposition to new pin/hole? A.J.
        Just slip it off the pin it's on with even your fingernail and let it flip down to the next pin. Look closely at your carbs and near the top of them between carbs 3 and 4 you will see a large spring that pretty much fills the space between the carbs. You want to slip the spring off the pin located next to carb #3 and let it lodge on the next pin the spring end comes to. Make sure your push/pull throttle is working smoothly when you use light spring pressure. You want a tiny bit of slack in both cables.

Comment

Thanx!

Now I Get what you mean... Thought there would be so much spring tension that a certain tool was needed. A.J.

Comment

Just out of chance have you checked the cables to see if they may have a hard bend in them? I routed mine a bit sharply and could hardly open the throttle. :shock: Not saying they are but was just thinking.....

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L View Post
              Just out of chance have you checked the cables to see if they may have a hard bend in them? I routed mine a bit sharply and could hardly open the throttle. :shock: Not saying they are but was just thinking.....
              The RS carbs are stiff with the spring the way they come from the factory. It's a safeguard to make sure the carbs close off throttle. As long as the throttle is setup right lighter spring pressure works fine.

Comment

Working...
              X