Remove the carb set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the carb set

Guys, i just started awaking my gs1000S after long sleep of 16 years. I want to clean up the carbs but so far i did not achieve to remove the carbs as the airbox rubbers are so hard!! Any good idea that could save time, my patience and the rest of my finger skin??[-o<

Get an assitant to pull backwards on the carb rack and remove the boots from between the carbs and the head, probably also a really good idea to fit a new set of boots, if they are that stiff, removing and replacing them will cause them to crack/split leading to intake leaks and associated running problemms.

Dink

Comment

Ok thanks ,i will try, when you say changing the boots you think both before and after the carbs or just the ones between the airfilter box and the carbs?

Comment

Both is preferable, but the ones between the carbs and the head definitely.

Dink

Comment

Where would one get carb boots? I've been debating doing this on my bike, and no idea where I would even start looking (locally) for a set.

Comment

www.partsbandit.com should have them.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
              www.partsbandit.com should have them.
              I think you mean www.bikebandit.com

Comment

Actually, I think both links go to the same website.

Comment

I found that my local Suzi shop could get the intake boots and the o-rings. But if your local shop can't (or is unwilling), then www.bikebandit.com is a good source.

Also, you are going to have a knuckle busting hard time getting the rusty phillips head screws off. I used an impact driver for several of mine. After you get 'em all off...throw 'em away. Replace 'em with SS allen head bolts.

Got any pics of that "S"?

Comment

Finally i've got in touch with an previous Suz dealer last WE at the vintage bikes fair in Paris. He will send me evrything. \\/
                    To celebrate this, i finally found the way to take out the carb set by sliding the carb on the right side of the bike. Late tonight, they will take a good "gazoline shower" and will get dismantled .....To be continued:-D

Comment

carb boots

here is another source for parts http://www.alpha-sports.com/ I have had good luck here

Rich

Comment

Working...
                      X