Clear All

Got it up again today...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Swapping your standard 16" GK wheel for a 17" 80-81 model wheel makes it even easier. Although I weigh 190 +/- my GK is very easy to roll up on the center stand, just a bit more effort fully loaded for a trip. Practice makes perfect.

Oh, and a big DITTO on not sqeazing the break!

Comment

Originally posted by courier11sec View Post
        I cheat and drive the back wheel up on a 2x12 I keep in the garage. Makes it a bunch easier to pop it up the rest of the way.
        Of course my bike is a bit low, so there's my excuse for doing it that way.
        me=120lb bike=600lb
        DITTO, THIS WAY IS EASY

Comment

I am 160 lbs (was about 150 when I first got the bike), and NOW have no problems getting it up without wood ( ).

balance it with light weight on the stand (just enought to make sure that both stand legs are touching the ground). Then with your left hand on the handlebar and your right on the lift bar under the seat, put all your weight on the stand and lift up on the lift bar (NOT the handlebar). Up she pops. It took me a long time before I got it and managed to crush my toes several times (do not wear sandals, duhhh).

Ohh, yeah, and it goes without saying that it must be on flat concrete/asphault.

Comment

good thick soled shoes or boots also give you a little more. i balance the bike on a hard surface then face the seat , place both hands under the seat take a deep breath then straighten up, there is this really distorted look on my face at the height of this. and then the feeling of accomplishment afterward.
            ikazuki

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              Got it up again today...
              Oh yeah,Salty,you started this thread didn't you? I guess you've got it figured out by now.:-D Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
              X