No announcement yet.

Carb Cleaning Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fortunatly i work with a lot of welders from time to time.an apprentice strung a welding cable over an industrial garage door (not properly though)on monday morning i show up to see that a truck caught the cable over the weekend and had ripped half the casing off of the copper.i brought it home with the intention of stripping it and scraping the copper.
    the strands of copper are ultra thin so i cut off about 2 feet of it and stashed it for cleaning my jets.works great.

Comment

Lots of thoughts around this, but mostly it boils down to probing any holes very carefully and only dislodging the gunk. Using fishing line or copper wire is perfect as it eliminates the possibility of scratching soft brass, but sometimes a nuisance due to bending.
      The danger when using steel wire is the actual sharp edge where the wire was cut, this causes the damage, not the smooth sides. A used steel brush and these welder nozzle cleaners usually always have the sharp edges rounded and in actual fact work best if used gently.
      Examine your steel probe/wire edge with a magnifying glass and first sand, buff or polish the micro point if you really have to use it.

Comment

Lots of great ideas, but I kinda like unwinding the G-string the best!:-D\\/

Tony.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

One wire out of a BRASS wire brush works great: price is even better!

Comment

I have a guitar. From the bottom up, which one is the "G" string??

Comment

yes, the wire brush single strand is the easiest and most common sense idea...works good too!

Comment

Working...
              X