Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting 1100 cases together tonight...Any good tips??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting 1100 cases together tonight...Any good tips??

Let me hear 'em now...
    Anything special not in the book?
    Any tricks?
    Any warnings?

Its an 82 1100E and I never put one back to gether before...

Crank, cylinder, head...all still on...just dropping in the tranny and boltin' it back to gether.
    Got sealent, new O-ring.....

Gotta 9am date with RT66 raceway Saturday....

Bob T.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

What sealer are you using on the case halves? The ONLY sealer I use is Threebond 1207B. It is Suzuki p/n 99104-31140. It is what your Suzuki shop manual calls for & I have NEVER had one single issue with it EVER!!! There is a reason that is the stuff Suzuki tells us to use. Also. you only need to put it on the lower case half surface & it doesn't take a lot! It will help you if you have a friend helping you to guide the shift forks into the gear slots they are supposed to go into. I do it by myself but I've been doing this a LONG time & it will be easier for you with help. Good luck, Ray.
    Last edited by rapidray; 05-13-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      What sealer are you using on the case halves? The ONLY sealer I use is Threebond 1207B. It is what your Suzuki shop manual calls for & I have NEVER had one single issue with it EVER!!! There is a reason that is the stuff Suzuki tells us to use. Also. you only need to put it on the lower case half surface & it doesn't take a lot! It will help you if you have a friend helping you to guide the shift forks into the gear slots they are supposed to go into. I do it by myself but I've been doing this a LONG time & it will be easier for you with help. Good luck, Ray.
      Thanks Ray...
      As it happens....Threebond is what my engine builder told me to use and it's what I used...:-D

It went very well last night....

Bob T.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        What sealer are you using on the case halves? The ONLY sealer I use is Threebond 1207B. It is what your Suzuki shop manual calls for & I have NEVER had one single issue with it EVER!!! There is a reason that is the stuff Suzuki tells us to use. Also. you only need to put it on the lower case half surface & it doesn't take a lot! It will help you if you have a friend helping you to guide the shift forks into the gear slots they are supposed to go into. I do it by myself but I've been doing this a LONG time & it will be easier for you with help. Good luck, Ray.
        My Suzuki dealership only sells Yamabond. Where else can I get the 3bond stuff? I have some cases going back together, too.
        Last edited by renobruce; 05-10-2007, 03:28 PM.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I used Gasgacinch for years then Yamabond 4 which I never had a failure with. It was made by ThreeBond for Yamaha and is actually ThreeBond's TB1104. Very good stuff. I've heard that ThreeBond may have discontinued the TB1104.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call View Post
            I used Gasgacinch for years then Yamabond 4 which I never had a failure with. It was made by ThreeBond for Yamaha and is actually ThreeBond's TB1104. Very good stuff. I've heard that ThreeBond may have discontinued the TB1104.

Hap
            Thanks, Hap. I'll give the Yamabond a go.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

High temp rtv works good too.

Just make sure the oil ring for the cases doesn't move along with the oil pan o-ring too.

I just support the top case with some wood to get it level that way the oil rings can't fall out.

Also make sure the location pins on the trans bearing's and crank are in the proper location and that the crank pins are properly seated in the top case too.

If you're still using oem case bolts I think it's # 2 or # 4, it's the the long one under the oil pan, they like to snap pretty easy, a new is a good ideal if you're not using got studs.

Make sure you got all the half ring retainers in too and make sure the bottom case is flush with the top before tighting the bolts.

It's a piece of cake
              1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
              1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
              1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
              1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
              01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

....Yamabond 4....

Good stuff. Dries very fast, easy to get smooth with a rubber glove on and never seems to break down with time, heat etc.

Jake, I have seen it come apart too many times. Then it ends up in the oil pump screen..... Maybe it's just my stuff.

Comment

I don't use to much of it, it's my all-in-one sealer for the valve cover seal, block holes, etc. Just a lite coat with my finger, but I could see if you got alittle messy with it.
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Its more like the oil and fuel attacks it and it breaks down.

But I am a messy sort of guy....

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                      My Suzuki dealership only sells Yamabond. Where else can I get the 3bond stuff? I have some cases going back together, too.
                      Bruce, call me & I will give you the SUZUKI part # for the 1207B. 714-356-7845. I will be in the garage tomorrow & will dig up the number in the morning. Do you still have the blue bike or did you find someone to buy it? Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X