Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean my engind with Simple Green

Greetings to all you good and gentle GS-type people,

I'd been scanning the forum picking up tips on how to clean my filthy engine on my new motorcycle. I have a little tach cable leak I need to fix. Since I already had a bottle of Simple Green, I decided to start with that.

Here's a before picture:

And here's a picture after a few soakings, a little scrubbing with a toilet brush, and a rinse:

I know I've got a few nooks and crannies left to clean (and a fuel/air mixture to richen up a bit) but I was very impressed with Simple Green and how little elbow grease it took to do this much.

That's it, just thought I'd share.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2007, 11:18 AM. Reason: I a gud spelr

I don't know dude. You're before pics look better than my after pics. That's a very clean lookin' bike before and after! Nice.

Comment

simple green

I also used simple green on my 850 and it worked great. Just a note, get some blue job for your pipes. My looked like yours and after three cleanings they looked like new. Takes alot of rubbing but it is worth it. You can get it on ebay.
      80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

what is simple green?

Comment

Looks good Cliff!

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
            what is simple green?

Comment

simple green worked wonders on my bike. i have, in the past, cleaned automobile engines, boat parts, kitchen ovens, siding on the house, camping gear, etc. depending on how much you dilute it, it can be strong degreaser/cleaner!

the BEST part about this stuff is you can get it everywhere and wash it off without harming the environment or killing the neighbours cat; though it is going to pull some caustic stuff off the bike, almost certainly. smells good too

Comment

I use simple green also After you start your bike after cleaning it smells like urinal deodorizer.
                Remember what Nancy said. Just say no.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You're so kind!

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod
                  I don't know dude. You're before pics look better than my after pics. That's a very clean lookin' bike before and after! Nice.
                  Thank you Mr. MelodicMetalGod. I consider myself lucky to have found this bike. I've fallen in love and I am really enjoying it.

Originally posted by Billyboy
                  Looks good Cliff!
                  I'm trying, Mr. Billyboy. There are some really good looking bikes in this forum. I just don't want to be embarrassed.

Originally posted by Bill C.
                  Just a note, get some blue job for your pipes.
                  Thanks Mr. Bill C. I just found out about Blue-Job and read a couple of actual reviews that said it was the best stuff going, better than Blue-Away and others. Let me give my carbs a little adjustment and then I'll try it.

I also like the fact that it's not a bio-hazard and I haven't noticed a smell yet. :shock:

Thank you for your induglence,

BassCliff

Comment

I just picked up a Gallon of Simple Green at Sam's Club for 8 bucks and some change.

And thanks to Bill C. for the blue job recommedation. It's in the basket!

Comment

Working...
                    X