Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea Foam

I think it works.
    Picked up a can at Pep Boys the other day and dumped oh I would say 3 oz into my tank.
    While riding the bike today, it does seem a tad smoother. Maybe a tad quicker also. I've read on here that a lot of you guys are believers in the stuff. Well now I'm a believer too.
    Sea Foam is the shiznitt.

Originally posted by RJz1100E View Post
    I think it works.
    Picked up a can at Pep Boys the other day and dumped oh I would say 3 oz into my tank.
    While riding the bike today, it does seem a tad smoother. Maybe a tad quicker also. I've read on here that a lot of you guys are believers in the stuff. Well now I'm a believer too.
    Sea Foam is the shiznitt.
    I have to agree with you.
    I have been using SeaFoam treatment on my 2000 CrownVic for a couple of years now, and she runs like the day I bought her.
    I have used it as a fuel treatment, oil treatment, and injected it directly into the intake manifold to remove carbon from the cylinders.
    Let me tell you, this stuff works.

Comment

Deep Creep

The aerosol version of seafoam is called Deep Creep. I spray this stuff in my motorcycle carbs while the engine is nice and hot. Then I shut it off and open the vacuum screws and saturate it (warning, will be hard to crank after this).

This stuff is great.

Comment

Pulling Sea Foam through your vacuum system certainly does make a mess of the air throughout your neighborhood, but it certainly seemed to clean things up in my '89 mazda 929 (deceased due to severe electrical gremlins)

the intake tract was virtually the only clean part of that car

Comment

Yes, Beware of the carbon smoke that will make motorists believe something is seriously wrong with your car :-D An empty parking lot at 3 in the morning is the best time to use seafoam when used through the pcv valve of your car or even used to clean carburetors on a motorcycle. Otherwise, people will stop and ask you if you are ok. Maybe I should post a pic of me cleaning the carbs on my GS550E.

Comment

Reminds me of the movie "Uncle Buck".

"Your car's on fire!"

Ironically, I'd love to have the car from that movie. Although sooner or later the mufflers (if there were any) are going to rocket out of the back of that thing and destroy anything in their path.

Yep, love to have that car.

Comment

I am curious about using the vacuum to pull it to the carbs. What hose would I use on the GS, The petcock hose? would that do all the carbs? fill me in

Comment

I have used Gum-out for years to remove carbon from the combustion chamber in cars. I never thought about using something in my bike. Is sea Foam better then Gum-out?
                I also would like to know the Best procedure to flood the pistons and valves.

Comment

Yes - seafoam is better than gum out -- reason being, it lubricates all o-rings and does not dry them out. It is also a superior cleaning agent than gumout.

As for vacuum hoses - you can put seafoam in your gas and oil, but for carb cleaning, first warm up your engine and spray directly into the intake boots while revving at 3,000 rpms. You may not have to remove the boot entirely, just enough to get the spray in there. Then, remove the vacuum screws on your carburetors and spray seafoam until it is saturated (do this while engine is warm and off). Then once saturated replace those screws and crank the engine. It may take a while. You may foul your spark plugs when they try to burn all that carbon.

Comment

Even cheaper option!!! add a cup of Diesel to a tank.

Dink

Comment

But, Dink is deisel going to clean the carbs? It will clean upthe carbon, but what I want from it is to clean the passages.

Comment

best way to 'saturate' your cylinders is to pop the spark plugs and put some in that way.. say a table spoon.. and let it sit for a while. careful though. I let mine sit for 7 hours.. and between that and the seafoam in my gas, i got chunks of carbon flying around in my cylinders... its causing problems with valve clearence

Comment

Working...
                        X