Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cure the hiccups

:-D

An RN taught me this little gem (I know, I know has nothing to do with GS - but hey what if your working on your motorcycle and you have hiccups?)

Get a paper towel and a glass of water. Place the paper towel over the top of your glass and drink the water through the paper towel ...... works every time.

Now you tell me.... I woke up a couple nights ago with hic-ups. Hadnt had them in years. Tried holding my breath. That worked after about 10 tries. Whats up with the paper towel deal ???
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I believe drinking the water through the paper towel will increase the amount of air you ingest into your stomach with the water.

Comment

A good dose of caster oil also works. It even stops coughing as well!
        After the dose you are too scared to hick or cough as you may sh#$ your pants!

Comment

This should be in the "Off Topic" forum ... that's what it's there for...

When my wife gets hiccups, she bends over (keep it clean, here!) and drinks water "upside down," and swears it works every time. I have no idea why this should be any different than drinking "the usual way."

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
            When my wife gets hiccups, she bends over (keep it clean, here!) and drinks water "upside down," and swears it works every time. I have no idea why this should be any different than drinking "the usual way."

Regards,
            My theory is that it is a mind over matter thing -- it will take a lot of concentration and focus to drink the water "upside down". When you focus intensely on that task, the mind forgets to hiccup.

Comment

the best cure for hiccups i have found and my wife and kids swear by is to drink a shot of concentrated lemon juice (realemon is one brand). i have yet to see it not cure hiccups.

Comment

I thought it was for arguing about how much the Earth is screwed

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                This should be in the "Off Topic" forum ... that's what it's there for...
                Regards,
                Hell if it works it a tip and trick for me

Comment

Working...
                X