Airbox refitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox refitting?

Anyone got an tip to refit the airbox back on to my carbs easily? GS1000S.

?

Do you care to undo all the engine mounts and tilt the engine forward and put it in/on that way? a lot of mucking around but easy in the long run.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if it applies directly to your situation, but I had my airbox in before installing the carbs (which my be the only way on the 1000 - ?)
      I did all of this before I had a manual and haven't needed to condult the manual about it. Here's a thread where I attempted to explain.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Since then I've found a manual online somewhere - you know, after paying $30 for one on Hee-bay...

Now, where was that link to online GS1000 manual?....

Comment

I managed to get mine in & out with the carbs in place & slide them on easy enough..... It's tight though.

I think my box is slightly different to yours. New airbox boots really helps.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks.

got it all bck, together thanks for the hints.

Comment

Working...
          X