Interesting Gadget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Gadget

What do you folk think of this "Gadget"?
    Speed Bleeder, Speedbleeder, SB1010, SB1010-SS, SB1010S, SB1010S-B, SB1010S-SS, SB10125, SB10125-SS, SB1015, SB1015-SS, SB8125LL, SB8125LL-SS, SB8125L, SB8125L-SS, SB8125, SB8125-SS, SB8100, SB8100-SS, SB7100, SB7100-SS, SB7100S, SB7100S-SS, SB6100, SB6100-SS, SB71624L, SB71624, SB71620, SB71620-SS, SB3824L, SB3824HD, SB3824HD-SS, SB3824, SB3824-SS, SB51624L, SB51624L-SS, SB51624, SB1428, SB1428-SS, brakes, bled, bleed, racing brake bleeder, automotive bleeder screw, bleeding motorcycle brakes, hydraulic, master cylinder, master cylinder bleeder kit, automobiles, car, cars, motorcycles, atv, 4wheeler, 4x4, dirt bike, screw, vent screw, bleed nipple, bleed valve, bleeding brakes, bleed brakes, bleeder thread pitch, trucks, screws, bleeder, wilwood, performace machine, stoptech, girling, brembo, ford, chevy, dodge, chrysler, pontiac, bmw, suzuki, mg, nissan, subaru, miata, RAM trucks, RAM, datsun, acura, fiat, gmc, chevrolet, buick, harley davidson, honda, kawasaki, yamaha, polaris, ducati, can-am, canam, triumph

In theory, it works well. Many of my friends on the GoldWing board have high praises for them.

However, I got some on the clearance table at AutoZone a few months ago and put them on my van because they had the right threads. Tried bleeding the brakes, but only left a large puddle of fluid on the ground. Seems that you also need to match the length of the threads, not just the diameter and pitch. I took them out and went back to the stock bleeders and my Mity-Vac to finish the job.

So...if you want to get some, make sure they are the right ones, not just ones that are 'close'.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by cberkeley View Post
      What do you folk think of this "Gadget"?
      http://www.speedbleeder.com/
      I bought two for my GS550B and the one that I have installed works great. No problems at all. And it makes the job of bleeding so much easier. Obviously the person that I bought them off sold me the correct ones for my 550. So as Steve says make sure you get the right ones. If you want the supplier that sold me mine off EBAY I could probably track it down for you.

Comment

Why?
        Is one minute to spend bleeding too much?
        Not much is easier to bleed than motorcycle brakes.
        If you don't install it, it can't leak.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          If you don't install it, it can't leak.
          Please keep in mind that mine only leaked because they were the wrong ones for the application.
          sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Seriously? How much easier can you expect it to be on a bike? I don't understand how these would help on a cage though. For a one person brake bleed job with these you would just keep pumping untill it felt right, right? Since you can't pump the brakes and watch the fluid coming out for bubbles at the same time what advantage would these be?

Comment

Originally posted by B Evil View Post
              Seriously? How much easier can you expect it to be on a bike? I don't understand how these would help on a cage though. For a one person brake bleed job with these you would just keep pumping untill it felt right, right? Since you can't pump the brakes and watch the fluid coming out for bubbles at the same time what advantage would these be?
              They are really handy when you are replacing all the fluid in the system. Just open up the bleeder and pump to your hearts content. No worrying about closing the bleeder before releasing the pedal (lever).

Comment

Tried them on my GS, and they're sitting in a drawer now. Almost completely useless, IMHO.

They might be useful for fluid changes, but if there's any air at all in the system, a motorcycle master cylinder won't move enough volume to open the spring.

A vacuum bleeder (Mityvac) is the only way to go. It takes about 5 minutes to bleed or exchange fluid.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Much more useful on an automobile than on a bike. I've got them on my 4Runner and they do what they're supposed to. It's nice if you don't have a helper to pump the brakes for you. On a bike, I would think it would be less useful since you can pump the brakes and turn the bleed nipple at the same time...

My .02

Comment

Agree w/ BW...
                    maybe good for an emergency or roadside bleed or fluid replacement(God knows why!?); but I'll take the mightyvac method any day. I don't think brake systems need any xtra moving parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X