Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp petcock fix

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here goes:
    Is your petcock leaking when set to the "ON" position?
    Here's a possible temporary cure until you get a new petcock.

Remove and disassemble the petcock.
    Inside you will find the square piece of rubber with four holes in it that allow the fuel to flow. Most likely the area around the holes will be worn off from moving the petcock lever. Take this out and turn it over. reassemble petcock and fit to tank.
    Many times this will be like putting in a new piece and will fix the problem for a while.
    It's worked for me!

Glad it worked for you, didn't work for me. Whole rebuild kit didn't work, so i ordered the wrong one and put it on the bike with the hose outlets facing backwards. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
      Glad it worked for you, didn't work for me. Whole rebuild kit didn't work, so i ordered the wrong one and put it on the bike with the hose outlets facing backwards. Works great!
      And now the tank fills?

Rebuild kit didn't work on my Concours, either, so I used a $3.50 Briggs & Stratton shutoff valve. Worked so well when the remotely operated unit on my Guzzi failed I gutted it and installed a banking plate on it and ran hose to the B&S valve next to the R carb, which is real handy to reach.

Then I glued the knob to the OEM shutoff, which is in the R side cover to "OFF".
      People ask how it runs like that.....

Comment

Wrong one was my fault cuz I THOUGHT I had an 82, when in fact my bike is an 81. Briggs & Stratton, huh? I looked at a couple hardware stores last week thinking I could just find a 3/8" inline shutoff, but no luck, so I'll have to stick with my goofy rigged backwards petcocok.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
          Ha... mine is "backwards" too in the sense the nipples point to the rear of the bike not the front. I just got some longer hose and dealt with it.

Comment

Working...
          X