When You Renew Your License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zook View Post
    It's amazing how the cop's attitude changes and you are sent on your way when the helmet comes off and they see an old greybeard instead of a young hooligan.

Then you wonder what their motives are.
    My cardinal rule is to never, ever get caught breaking two laws at once, and if you are under 25 you've broken one right there.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Passport

If you travel a lot to 'third world' countries, as I do, looking nice in your passport can be really important, too. You can often almost 'see' the difference in treatment after presenting it.
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
        If you travel a lot to 'third world' countries, as I do, looking nice in your passport can be really important, too. You can often almost 'see' the difference in treatment after presenting it.
        I'm not so worried about how I look in my DL photo, I look like a terrorist on my passport. I didn't even get a chance at a better photo. I cross the border just fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          Excellent advice. Try not to look like a serial killer.

Also, make CERTAIN that your motorcycle endorsement is still on your license before you accept it and pay. Make sure everything is absolutely perfect.

The cretins at the local Indiana BMV accidentally left this off a friend's license a couple of years ago, and even though the old license with the magic "M" was still sitting RIGHT THERE (he got to the parking lot before he noticed), absolutely no mercy was to be found from the crusty harridans who infest and impede our license branches.

After very nearly getting carted to jail after an hour or so of trying to correct this Kafkaesque nightmare, the poor SOB eventually had to pay for a new learner's permit, then pay for and take the Indiana skills test all over again a month later.
          now that is funny. Indiana tries to get rid of all the big M's thay can find. How do i know this, every time i go in to get my new license "the price goes up" you also must renew in your birth month. or at lest thats what mine is. when I had my motorcycle I would ride right up to the dmv. thay would always ask me if I wanted to keep my endorsement. I would all ways reply do you ask that for the cdl drivers. the girl would say no, most that have a cdl are pro-drivers. then I tell them to look out he window, and ask If you take that M off my license would you give me a ride home so i can get the truck to get the bike home. now mind you this all takes place in January if there is no snow on the ground. i have on a leather jacket, thermal gloves, helmet, chaps and thermal under ware on. you know the normal cold weather riding gear. its like dang can you not tell i rode in.

I have riden when it was very cold out just for the fun of it. one time a cop freeked out, we had two water mains brake and the water was hitting the street and truning to ice. its fun to hit the bars that have the rubs, as soon as it gets cool out thay park there rides.

Comment

I'll turn 53 in a few weeks and every five years, when it's time to renew the license, I shave the beard off, cut the hair, and then go to the beach for a day or two to get rid of the stripes on the face. Been doing this for decades.

Went yesterday to the DMV (after doing the above procedure last week). The whole thing took ten minutes. Done. New license w/ motorcycle endorcement (they charge $25 to renew the license and an extra $8 for the endorcement which I've had for some 37 years!)

My biggest complaint is that the pic on the license makes me look like I have more chins than a Chinese phonebook!

Well, at least I can quit shaving the entire face for a while...

Comment

I got my first ticket ever today (been driving 12 years) for going 56 in a 40. Nabbed me while accelerating to get ahead of a car as my lane was merging. My stunning good looks in my license didn't help, unfortunately :/ However, I like the idea. Don't be these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvO640ODwA

Comment

I went down a few years ago to the DMV to renew my license expecting to just get one of those stickers. But instead the gal said I needed a new picture. Oh, great... helmet hair, unshaven, etc. I look like Uncle pervy convict man.

Would you trust this man?
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Doesn't matter what I try the photo always turns out like a mug shot...

Comment

A friend "borrowed" his priest friend's collar for his license renewal. The picture didn't show the collar so he asked if they could redo it!!!!

They did, and it served him well until the news got back to the big guy, er um, preist friend.

Comment

I like this idea.

Hey, if I get a license while wearing a priest's collar, can I join the super secret and private GSResources Bible Club?

But then, why would I want to...

Comment

See the pict and the name forgotten in the explanation.....
                        Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                        I went down a few years ago to the DMV to renew my license expecting to just get one of those stickers. But instead the gal said I needed a new picture. Oh, great... helmet hair, unshaven, etc. I look like Uncle Mike, aka pervy convict man.

Would you trust this man?

Comment

Working...
                        X