Auxiliary fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tone View Post
    Guys this is wrong wrong wrong in so many ways just about every manual ive ever read (lots believe me) says fit your fuel supply as close to the carbs as possible, some even say turn the tank round & fix it on the seat area, there is a very good reason for this

cheers tone
    No way am I putting the tank on top of my seat or on the frame where it could come into contact with battery terminals. Not worried about fire etc as much as sparks and loud pops really upset me. However, "fuel supply close to the carbs", that makes sense.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-18-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giblet View Post
      No way am I putting the tank on top of my seat or on the frame where it could come into contact with battery terminals. Not worried about fire etc as much as sparks and loud pops really upset me. However, "fuel supply close to the carbs", that makes sense.
      I agree hence my simple solution thats been working well for 30 years, no point in changing something that works & does not cause problems

Comment

I have been using a brake fluid reservoir for my temporary fuel source. It sets between the frame rails and plugs right into the fuel line.

Comment

Very interesting.

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
          I have been using a brake fluid reservoir for my temporary fuel source. It sets between the frame rails and plugs right into the fuel line.

Comment

Working...
          X