Case Guard U-Bolt Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case Guard U-Bolt Tip

Maybe this is a no brainer but I had come up with it a while ago and forgot about it till recently when I took my case guards off to have them powder coated. Forgive me if its too simple to suggest.

This style of case guard uses a U-Bolt to mount part of the guard to the frame down tube. I had noticed when I took them off a while ago that the U-Bolt had scratched the frame. So when I remouned them I took some shrink wrap electrical tubing and slid it over the U-Bolt and shrunk it into place. Of course you could do this trick with other fasteners besides U-Bolts for various reasons. Might be a little hard to see but you'll get the idea. See Pic.

Last edited by isleoman; 12-10-2009, 08:38 PM.

With my new gsxr gear, it is too easy to lay the case guards into the road. Given my fear of low siding I did the following mods (see pic). Cut and inserted a bar end weight to finish it.

Last trip running aground was not even an concern.

I also put on some custom highway pegs using some rear ED pegs.

as far as bolting to the frame, i added some thick rubber behind the u-bolt.

I can still stand on the pegs without much if any flex. If I go down, they will surely bend, but at least i won't go down because of them
    Last edited by posplayr; 12-11-2009, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X