Float bowl drain screw tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float bowl drain screw tool

Heres a a little tool that Spyderman sent me. (Thanks Bro.) Just have to attach clear gas line to it, then hold the line verticaly beside the carb then open the petcock to "prime" and let the bowl fill. The fuel line should fill to the same level, letting you know if your floats are set right.

your welcome rick looks like it went together well should do the trick for you
    don't forget to check the fuel level when it's running as well so you can tell where it is as it runs
    glad i could help

Comment

Crudely inventive!!! Yeah, that bastard metric thread bolt is hard to find...I think I will just order an extra float bowl screw and drill it out and stuff a tube into it. Whatever works!

Comment

I had one of the service techs at work do it. He silver soldered it. He said he had to get the brass fitting wayy hot before heating the copper.

**SIDE NOTE**
        If you guys are going to make your own, I will add that Spyderman pre-drilled the head of the screw just deep enough to get a tiny fraction of the tube down into the screw head.
        And the solder has to fill in the slot in the screw as well so it won't leak gas on you.

Comment

A guy on Ebay makes those for most carbs for $8.99

Comment

How accurate is it? It seem to me that there would have to be a bend in the tube in order for the gas to flow into it so how can one accurately measure the gas level in the bowls?

Comment

make your own,,,, OR,,,,

Hi,

The thread for the carb bowl drain is eight mm x 1.25 mm, so is a grease zerk available by special order from napa for about a buck. Drill the guts of the zerk out carefully, attach a hose to the remaining end of zerk, clamp, then use tool as above. You may want to silver solder an additional tube to the zerk end since plastic tubing wants to come off the end of the short end of the zerk, but with the right clamp it works fine. OR, you could just buy the tool itself from Z1 Enterprises for twelve bux.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2010, 03:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by razooki View Post
                How accurate is it? It seem to me that there would have to be a bend in the tube in order for the gas to flow into it so how can one accurately measure the gas level in the bowls?
                It is dead nuts accurate.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by razooki View Post

Liquid....fuel in this case, will seek it's own level. The bend is needed, otherwise it would just spill out on the floor......

The same technique can be used for leveling construction projects (decks, driveways, etc...) over long distances.
                  Larry D
                  1980 GS450S
                  1981 GS450S
                  2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I made a couple of these adapters by drilling a hole into an old drain screw and then using JB Weld to attach in a piece of copper tubing. You can also make sync adapters the same way. Very simple.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

09913-14511

Comment

Working...
                      X