Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20 Engine Hoist

Fellas-

I am working on my Yammie right now, and specifically swapping electrical components over from one motor to another due to the seller cutting all of the cables flush to the engine. Anyways, Yamaha has the stator wires screwed tot he bottom of the engine, so, accessibility was a concern. I decided to rely on Walmart and buy these tie-downs for $20 and hoist them up. Works great!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=b1724ab2f170d079&page=play&resid=B1 724AB2F170D079!299&authkey=MBvoARy5ysY%24

You're holding an engine up with friction straps, then working under it? Did I read that right?

Comment

It was only to get to the stator wires. I just have them held up now for storage. The straps have a redundant safety mechanism I put on it with safety wire, etc. Those things are not going anywhere, despite a manufacturing defect!

Comment

lift or stand

i use old office chairs remove the seat and use the base. if u want to u can weld adjustable rails so the bike can be bolted on. it also can go up and down

Comment

2 of those straps will hold up a bike engine with no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X