Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick action oil drain plug

Pretty much self explaining, I think.

A quick release oil drain plug which is installed into the sump instead of the old one.
    Function by a ball valve and a trigger tool with a bajonet catch and a silikone hose.
    When you work the tool by 1/4 of a turn, the ball gets lifted off its seat and the oil runs out of the hose. Nice and clean, avoids oil running all over your hands and drain plugs falling into your catch tank.

Here's the plug with the ball inside:

Other side:

Cap, which is sealed by an o-ring:

Both together:

Release tool with bajonet catch and silikone hose

Plug installed under the sump

Release tool set on

All in all a nice kit of German engineering, particularly handy when you run an exhaust with a collector giving straight access to the drain plug.

I purchased my set on a recent motorbike show over here. The guys told me they're going to serve the American market as well. They got a weblink with a bit more of informantion.

Bleeding brakes - simply intelligent oil change. We have the solution for easy bleeding of hydraulic brakes / clutches and intelligent oil change for all vehicle types: The stahlbus Bleeder-Valve and stahlbus Oil drain valve.

Really nice piece. Seems to make a simple job about 10 times simpler and cleaner.
    1978 GS550 E
    673cc swap / the hot rod

2013 GSXR
    New daily rider

2012 RMZ450
    for playing in the dirt

Comment

I don't see how you could access this any easier than the stock setup if a four-into-one is fitted as you mention.
      NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
      Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Many aftermarket exhaust systems, be it 4-1 or 4-2-1 give straight access to the drain plug. It doesn't have to be a sidewinder nesessarily. Not every system though. That's why I said so.

Comment

Working...
        X