Center stand spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center stand spring

Not completely brilliant but... The spring for my center stand was getting a little weak and it would bounce a bit over the railroad tracks. Stopped at the hardware store but didn't see one that was quite right. Then it hit me. I bought a smaller diameter spring that fit inside the original. Hooked it on both ends where the original was. Gave it just enough strength to keep the stand in place. 1.98 fix.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Capitalist! Always making the little guy pick up the slack for very little money. Great idea.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Genious. I stretched the crap outa mine trying to reinstall it. This will be perfect.

Comment

Not a bad idea! A lot of modern bikes use double springs exactly like this.

Here's another tip: When taking off the spring, move the kickstand to the mid position where it is most stretched. Then shove washers or coins into the spring so that it stays stretched when you move it to either the up or down position. The spring will now come off easily, and it will also be easy to reinstall.

Comment

Can the spring end be cut and re-bent to shorten the spring, just enough to get more tension out of it ?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
            Here's another tip: When taking off the spring, move the kickstand to the mid position where it is most stretched. Then shove washers or coins into the spring so that it stays stretched when you move it to either the up or down position. The spring will now come off easily, and it will also be easy to reinstall.
            why didnt you tell me that 3 weeks ago????

Comment

Working...
            X