home made carb stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home made carb stand

My wife got tired of me messing around with my Carbs on the kitchen table, so I built my own carb stand and fuel level tubes....anyone want to know what I use, please PM me.. it cost about $30 bucks to make...
    Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM. Reason: wrong photo

I can't imagine working on carbs in the house.

That's an awesome stand. Why not post the how-to here, to avoid a flood of pms?

Comment

lol, my kitchen has more bike parts in it than it has utensils or pots and pans. even food come to think of it
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

OK Guys,,,,,,,,,,I will get the part numbers and instructions all together...

Comment

Looks great. Can't wait for the how-to.

Comment

This thread needs more attention.
            Carb stands on-line are $90.00 plus shipping.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Subscribed....

Comment

Cool idea, and timely post. Just thinking about a set-up this weekend.
                '80 GS1000ST
                '92 ZX-11
                Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                  Cool idea, and timely post. Just thinking about a set-up this weekend.
                  I'm more interested in where you got the mini plastic vernier caliper

Comment

Old Skool - I found them at American Science and Surplus - BTW, they didnt like getting soaked with gas..LOL

American Science and Surplus offers tools, toys, science kits, educational toys, school supplies, arts and crafts items, hobby tools, scales, lab glass, housewares, electronics and much more all at discount incredible prices

Comment

Originally posted by RobG1970 View Post
                      Old Skool - I found them at American Science and Surplus - BTW, they didnt like getting soaked with gas..LOL

http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm
                      Found 2 different ones there, but not the plastic ones

Comment

sorry, I picked mine up in there store, I assume (ass-u-me) that they sold it online...

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                          I'm more interested in where you got the mini plastic vernier caliper
                          I had one of those before. It was a cheapo caliper that came with a craft tool set from Xacto IIRC. Box set with different handles and a variety of Xacto blades, a small hobby saw, and some measuring tools.

Nothing really great, but a nice kit for one of my other hobbies, painting stuff like this:

I used them early on for measuring floats, but they got some gas on them and were trashed immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by RobG1970 View Post
                            OK Guys,,,,,,,,,,I will get the part numbers and instructions all together...
                            Really reminds me of my old parrot stand I had for my African Grey.
                            Yeah it does!
                            sigpic
                            Steve
                            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

sorry, not a bird stand, our bird doesnt share, so he wouldnt let me use his stand, so I had to make my own...

Comment

Working...
                              X