X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handle bar ideas

alright y'all
    i want more of the cafe racer style
    can i turn you handle bars upside down or FLIP to make more of a cafe look but will it look good and or will they hit the tank in a way to make things DEFICULT?
    anyone know what would happen??
    stock shorty
    16.67%
    cafe
    58.33%
    ape hangers or any form of ape hangers
    16.67%
    crotch rocket style
    8.33%

It looks like sh:t every time I've seen it done.

Just buy some handlebars for $20 and have a nice day.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

all the cafe racer bars ive seen do not cost 20
      more like 85
      where did you see handle bars that cost so little?

Comment

I don't know if these are the right style for cafe racing but I know many have talked about putting them on their bikes:

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This is a repost of a response I gave in the appearance section to Mad Mark about Clubman bars:

Okay, to start, yes I have actually had two bikes on which I had flipped a pair of superbike bars and they actually work great but, they do allow the starter button to hit the tank on the right and the choke lever to hit the tank on the left:
          My new bike with flipped bars:

My old bike with flipped bars:

Like I said the flipped bars, in my opinion look good but in both cases I dinged my tank so, I bought the "Clubman" bars and am totally satisfied with the results:

Now, as far as the cables and things such as that, I didn't change any of them, they are all original length.
          I don't know if your intention is to put a cafe fairing on or not but, if you do you will most likely have the same results as I did. Like I said I didn't change the cables, that's because they tuck into the fairing, without the fairing, I think they would be considered a couple inches too long.

Now, if you are going to mount a cafe fairing, if you take a look at the last two pictures you will see the problem I ran into, the master cylinder sits right where the turn signals are on the fairing.
          Without the fairing, the controls again sit right where the turn signals are so, I had to upgrade the turn signals and relocate them.
          Also with the fairing installed the brake line for the master cylinder must be repositioned.

The final interesting point about the Clubman bars is the way it changes the control aspect. It actually moves the steering forward of what you expect or are used to. It's not a bad thing, in fact, once you get used to it, it actually feels comfortable.

I've got plenty of pictures in my albums that show a lot of what I ran into when making the changes to the bike.

Hope this helps or at least answers some of the questions you have.
          http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

I enjoy my clubman bars. You will soon be longing for rear sets though. With stock foot controls, the lower bars have you jack knifed on the bike.

Comment

I had a chance to buy a set of rear sets one time, they were among other parts including a V&H header and a few other parts all looked as they just came out of the new box. I just got hung up on the total price which included shipping to have it sent from Hawaii to my front door, now I realize it was an excellent deal and didn't take advantage of it. I'm still kicking my own butt for that one.

You're right, I've been wanting rear sets for a long time now.
              http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
              X