Cheap Fuse box for Suzuki GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Fuse box for Suzuki GS

I was searching high and low for an aftermarket fuse box for the GS and it’s unbelievable how expensive they are. At $35 you get a plastic box that I wouldn't put on a lawn mower and as the quality gets better, the price goes up to several hundred dollars.

I needed a fuse box with minimum 7 terminals and after a lot of searching, I found out that the Honda CBR 600 fuse boxes are perfect for the GS and it comes with 7 terminals and two spares which you could wire as well to have 9 terminals. For the price, you can find the on eBay all day long and I paid $10 bucks for mine with free shipping. Mine is from a 1990 model but they all look the same.

I am making a 5 relay block as well to tidy up all the wiring so I’ll post a picture of that shortly.

Can't tell from the labels, ... are there two separate busses like the GS?

What I mean is; are some fuses HOT all the time and others SWITCHED?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I haven't got it yet so i don't know but you can wire it however you like. The back side comes off (I was told).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Can't tell from the labels, ... are there two separate busses like the GS?

What I mean is; are some fuses HOT all the time and others SWITCHED?

I found the diagram for that bike. It does have two separate circuits. here's the link to the diagram:

Comment

Actually, it appears to have three circuits, but who's counting?

The fan and tail light share a connector, but have completely different feed and load wires, therefore two circuits. All the other fuses share another connector and a common feed.

To put that in a GS would be easy, you would just have to change some of the fuse labels.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Actually, it appears to have three circuits, but who's counting?

The fan and tail light share a connector, but have completely different feed and load wires, therefore two circuits. All the other fuses share another connector and a common feed.

To put that in a GS would be easy, you would just have to change some of the fuse labels.

Three indeed.

Comment

the 2 spare fuses at the bottom are actually just spare fuses, not 2 spare circuits.
              the 20 amp fuse should be a 15 amp fuse as it says on the label
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
              X