Haynes Manual PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haynes Manual PDF

Does anyone know where to get a Haynes Manual PDF (or equivalent). I have the service manual but looking to compare.

Originally posted by ehkmcveh View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a Haynes Manual PDF (or equivalent). I have the service manual but looking to compare.
    You didn't say what bike it's for. I don't think Haynes published a manual for every single model.

Why not put your bike(s) in your signature? It makes it easier for everyone.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

As already noted, it will be necessary to know what bike you are discussing.

I have a factory manual, a Haynes manual and a Clymer manual for my 850s. The factory has the fewest mistakes, but the Haynes and Clymer might have a better photo of a particular part or procedure.

The factory manual was produced for their mechanics, who would be sent to school on the bike. By doing that, the manual could assume that certain procedures would be followed automatically, and did not need to be spelled out in the manual.

The other two manuals were written for the DIY shade-tree mechanic, so they try to do a little more detail on some procedures, but they often fail by including wrong details, so ... good luck.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Center column of service manuals.......and note on the sides ( left and right margins ) are many tutorials for most of the common areas that come up when rebuilding or servicing these old GS bikes.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

lol, oops. 1979 Suzuki GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by ehkmcveh View Post
            lol, oops. 1979 Suzuki GS 750
            Now, please take a few moments and create a signature that will tell that for you on every post.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Thanks Chuck, but I have this manual already.

Was hoping to find the Haynes or Clymer for the 1979 Suzuki GS750 in PDF format.

Comment

Is there a particular procedure you have questions about, or do just enjoy comparative reading?

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

After trying to find a Clymer for my Suzi ('82 11e), I became convinced it doesn't exist. So I have the Haynes and the Suzuki official one, downloaded and printed from this site.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah I have a leak coming from the crankcase and just want a procedure for correctly taking it apart and checking leaks.
                    So far the game plan is to check all seals....electrical O-rings, sprocket drive, gear shift seal, crank case seal.
                    It appears its coming from the clutch pin but not really sure..IMG_7622.jpg

Comment

Not really sure what the "clutch pin" is or how to cure an oil leak around it.
                      My bikes don't have anything called that.
                      In fact, they don't have chains like the one shown in that picture, either, but that's another story.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                      X