X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locktight?

8) Hello again. I can remember last year a guy saying something about

it being a good idea to use locktight on zooks because of the vibration

anyone ever use this? Thanks in advance. 8)

Re: Locktight?

Originally posted by SOS
    8) Hello again. I can remember last year a guy saying something about

it being a good idea to use locktight on zooks because of the vibration

anyone ever use this? Thanks in advance. 8)
    I use it on the valve cover because I use a rubber gasket and the torque valves are real low. There are other places I use it when I'm building my engines (like the bottom cam chain guide and other internal parts) but that is considered normal practice on all bikes, not just Suzukis. I don't think they vibrate any more than other brands...I've heard the 1150 vibrates a lot but I can't confirm that. Other s have said it's smooth.

Use it if the manual says to and/or if it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. There are three different types...low locking power, Medium, and "gotta use a blow torch to get it off" high.

Hap

Comment

I use it on the oil drain plug to stop myself being tempted to overtighten it

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Logan
        I use it on the oil drain plug to stop myself being tempted to overtighten it

Pete
        For my GS1000, I just set the torque wrench to 8-9 ft/lb. Not sure if all models have the same torque needs.
        It doesn't feel like you're tightening that much, but trust it, it will be fine.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I know and I do and I can't help it. I need a psychiatrist

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X