Bearings, O-rings, Seals, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearings, O-rings, Seals, etc.

I'm sure no one has ever had any trouble obtaining a lousy O-ring from the 19 year old illiterate punk at the Suzuki dealer who only knows the letters GSXR. But just in case I'm wrong, there is another source for such things. Pretty much all of the bearings, O-rings, seals, bushings that our bikes are built with are sourced from internationally standardized and produced industrial items. None of them are specifically made just for motorcycles. Not only that, if you have part that has no identifying marks on it, these guys are quite well equipped to measure, ID this stuff, and find you a part. Best of all they will charge you far less than the dealer will. You can even upgrade some of this stuff, especially O-rings to a higher quality component. Just as an example, a local dealer won't even charge me for O-rings because the paperwork costs more than the part! They also stock industrial strength Loctite-type stuff, Extend, chain lube, odball tools, Helicoils, you name it. Give them a try. Not all of these suppliers sell to the general public so call them first.

so - who are we talking about?? 8O 8)

Comment

I agree. Had to go to a bearing house for new races on my swingarm.

Just give the measurments, and its yours! much cheaper than any dealership will offer.

Comment

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be nice to have a section on the website that lists all the bearings and seals on the various models, and thier dimensions and/or aftermarket part number (i.e. clutch hub needle roller bearing - NHK bearing number XX-XXX).

we could add to it as members find new sources for these parts.

Comment

Working...
        X