Fork issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork issues

So on my 82 gs1100e I been have oil leaking on the left fork. I've changed the seal twice with a Suzuki seal and still get leaks on that fork. Also, notice that harsher bump a knock coming the front. Is there a bushing I should inspect and could be worn out? or should I look for different forks in that case are there ones that would be able to handle more weight and have no anti-dive attached like from a 1100gk?

Originally posted by suzukigs1100ez View Post
    So on my 82 gs1100e I been have oil leaking on the left fork. I've changed the seal twice with a Suzuki seal and still get leaks on that fork. Also, notice that harsher bump a knock coming the front. Is there a bushing I should inspect and could be worn out? or should I look for different forks in that case are there ones that would be able to handle more weight and have no anti-dive attached like from a 1100gk?
    Have you very carefully examined the tube for tiny dings or nicks? Using a very bright light, not looking at them in a dimly light corner of the garage.

Very common for tubes to have dings in them, they usually have sharp edges that cut up the sealing surface of the fork seals. Take some extra fine steel wool and lightly buff the tubes.
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Working...
    X