Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Brake Problem

81 Gs850g

Front brakes stick/won't release pressure. It's very difficult to even push the bike due to how much pressure is being applied to the front rotor.

When I pulled the calipers off one would compress normally but the other would not and I had to crack the bleeder for it to be compressed. What would this indicate? Bad brake line to that caliper?

Sounds like the master cylinder and calipers need a cleaning and maybe refresh as there’s a small return port that can get plugged. When was the last time you changed the fluid?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Sounds like the master cylinder and calipers need a cleaning and maybe refresh as there’s a small return port that can get plugged. When was the last time you changed the fluid?
      Small update. The return port is clogged. Sadly, without rebuilding it I couldn't fix it. Soooo I'm trying a spare 07 gsxr 750 brake master cylinder before I go about rebuilding the oem one.

Comment

Working...
      X